AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting (modularised)
University level applications
Applications for 2022/23 Higher Education courses are now closed.
2023/24 applications will open on 3 October 2022.
Accountancy, Business and Law
Part Time Day
City of Newport Campus
Discount available to Under 19s only. Dependent on course suitability
Other fees may include any of the following: registrations, exam fees or any course materials
Please note, all advertised fees are for one year only, unless otherwise stated in the additional information below
29 November 2022
In a nutshell
This is a roll-on/ roll-off course with flexible start dates. We recruit students all year round.
This is also a blended learning course (a mix of traditional in-person with a teacher in a classroom and learning activities using digital technologies, from home).
This course is progression from Level 3 Diploma in Accounting and will enable you to gain further skills to progress within the accountancy field.
This course is for...
... You have successfully completed the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting and want to continue to build your accounting skills.
… You want to go on to become an AAT full member and / or go onto study for chartered accountant status.
… You want to start your own business through the AAT licensed members scheme.
You will enhance the skills you developed from Level 3 Diploma in Accounting and acquire lifelong professional accounting and finance skills, enabling you to maximise your opportunities within your accounting career.
The AAT Level 4 Accounting comprises three mandatory units are;
· Applied Management – you will learn how to implement organisational planning processes in an organisation, use internal processes to enhance operational control, and techniques to decide on short-term and long-term decision making.
· Drafting and Interpreting Financial Statements – you will learn about drafting financial statements for single entities and relevant accounting standards and the consolidation of limited companies. You will also gain the skills to interpret the financial statements, using ratio analysis.
· Internal Accounting Systems and Controls – You will demonstrate your understanding by evaluating internal controls and accounting systems within an organisation, and make recommendations to any weaknesses you find.
The optional units that we currently offer are as follows:
· Credit and Debt Management – You will learn the techniques to assess credit risks, grant credit, how to collect debt from customers, and the principles of effective control in an organisation.
· Cash and Financial Management – You will learn how to prepare forecasts for cash receipts and payments, cash budgets and monitor cash flows.
To gain the Level 4 Accounting qualification you need to complete all five of the above modules, you can purchase each module separately.
To be considered for this course you need to have successfully completed AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting or equivalent.
If you are unsure if this is the correct level for you, please visit aat.org.uk where you can complete the AAT Skillcheck test or to help ensure that you start at the correct level.
On completion of this course, and having met AAT’s criteria, you can apply for full AAT membership, which will allow you to use the designatory letters MAAT after your name.
However, the primary and most important outcome of the Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting is that it can lead to a wide variety of well-paid accountancy and finance jobs, some of which include:
· Professional Accounting Technician
· Assistant Auditor
· Assistant Management Accountant
· Commercial Analyst
· Payroll Manager
· Senior Bookkeeper
· Senior Financial Officer
· Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
· Assistant Financial Accountant
· Cost Accountant
· Fixed Asset Accountant
· Indirect Tax Manager
· Payments and Billing Manager
· Senior Fund Accountant
· Senior Insolvency Administrator
· VAT Accountant
Completion of this course also offers you a fast track route to chartered accountancy status as AAT will give you generous exemptions from all UK chartered and certified bodies.
Books £30 per module approximately??
AAT Registration (payable to AAT) £240?
City of Newport Campus
(Part Time Day)
Start Date: 29 November 2022
This course may be available at other dates, times or campuses, please click to view your options.
After booking your course you have 14 days to change your mind and request a full refund. You can still request a refund after this date, but this will only be given if you meet the criteria from the college fee policy.
If your chosen course starts within 14 days of you booking your place, then the 14 day refund policy does not apply and any refund will be subject to the college fee policy.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team