AAT Diploma in Accounting (Modularised) Level 3
Accountancy, Business and Law
Part Time Day
City of Newport Campus
Discount available to Under 19s only. Dependent on course suitability
Other fees may include any of the following: registrations, exam fees or any course materials
Please note, all advertised fees are for one year only, unless otherwise stated in the additional information below
07 November 2022
In a nutshell
This is a roll-on/ roll-off course with flexible start dates. We recruit students all year round.
This is also a blended learning course (a mix of traditional in-person with a teacher in a classroom and learning activities using digital technologies, from home).
This course is progression from Level 2 Foundation Certificate in AAT and will enable you to gain further skills to progress within the accountancy field.
This course is for...
… You have completed the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
… You want to further your skills and knowledge in the accountancy field
… You want to work in an accountancy setting
You will enhance the skills you developed from Level 2 Certificate in Accounting and acquire a range of essential and complex accounting skills, including maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns.
The AAT Level 3 Accounting comprises four mandatory units
- Business Awareness – You will learn about different business types, structures, governance, and the legal frame work they operate in and the impact of the micro and macroeconomic environment
- Financial Accounting: Preparing Financial Statements* - You will learn how to apply the principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping, acquisition and disposals of non-current assets. You’ll prepare depreciation calculations, period-end adjustments and produce an extended trial balance.
- Management Accounting Techniques – You will understand the purpose and use of management accounting and learn the costing and spreadsheet techniques required for organisations and the principles behind cash management.
- Tax Processes for Business* - You will examine and apply VAT legislation requirements, calculate VAT, review and verify making tax digital (MTD) VAT Returns, understand principles of payroll, and study the implications of errors, late filing and payment, and how to report VAT related information.
To gain the Level 3 Accounting qualification you need to complete all four of the above modules, you can purchase each module separately.
*To gain the Level 3 Bookkeeping qualification you need to complete the two modules with a *, you can purchase each module separately.
- Level 2 Certificate in Accounting or
- Interview with the tutor if above is missing
On successful completion of Level 3 Accounting you can go onto AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting which you can do full-time or part-time at Coleg Gwent. On completion you can undertake a role in finance.
On successful completion of Level 3 Bookkeeping you can go onto AAT Level 3 Accounting by completing the extra two units – Business Awareness and Management Accounting Techniques.
Books £30 per module approximately
AAT Registration (payable to AAT) £240
This course may be available at other dates, times or campuses, please click to view your options.
After booking your course you have 14 days to change your mind and request a full refund. You can still request a refund after this date, but this will only be given if you meet the criteria from the college fee policy.
If your chosen course starts within 14 days of you booking your place, then the 14 day refund policy does not apply and any refund will be subject to the college fee policy.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team