City & Guilds Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Adults) Level 3
Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
Blaenau Gwent Learning Zone
05 September 2023
*Enrolment still open
In a nutshell
This course enhances your technical skills, gives you in depth knowledge of specialist areas and will prepare you for employment as a fully qualified beauty therapist.
This course is for...
...you if you have qualified in Beauty Therapy at Level 2
...you if you want to develop specialist knowledge
...you if you are hardworking and have a friendly personality
You’ll learn advanced beauty treatments and techniques such as:
- Body massage
- Facial and body electrical and mechanical specialist treatments
- Manual and spray tan application
- Artificial nail structures
- Indian head massage
- Stone therapy massage
- Aromatherapy using pre-blended oils
- Client care
- Promotion and sales
- Health, safety and hygiene procedures in the salon.
You’ll learn through:
- Theory classes
- Practical workshops
- Real salon environments at the college working on clients
- Commercial sessions
- Group work
- Work placement - either weekly or on block
You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in:
- In house college competitions
- Inspiring Skills Wales and UK/World Skills
- Spa days
- Industry demonstrations on Laser/IPL treatment
- Visits and trips to industry specialists
- Supervisory roles in the department and managing therapists' columns
You’ll be assessed via practical assessments, assignments and multiple-choice online tests covering underpinning knowledge. Once complete, you’ll achieve:
- Level 3 Beauty Therapy
- Appropriate supporting qualifications to broaden your skill set
- Creative Enrichment Skills (community activities and demonstrations)
You’ll need to have completed the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
Code of dress:
- Uniform which must be worn for all practical sessions. This is a mandatory requirement
- Hair must be neatly tied back off the face
- No piercings
- No jewellery other than a wedding ring can be worn in the salon
As a condition of your place on this course, you will be expected to purchase the appropriate kit, from our approved supplier, costing approximately £198.
To reflect industry expectations, you will be required to wear a Coleg Gwent salon uniform which is to be ordered from our approved supplier. For 2023/2024 the college will fund the cost of one full uniform. Details on how to order your free uniform and additional sets, with supplier payment options, can be obtained from your Head of School, Lecturer or Technician. The price for 2023/2024 is £45.
Additional costs could occur during the year for educational visits.
All costs are under review and subject to change
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team