City & Guilds NVQ Diploma in Front of House Reception Level 2
Catering and Hospitality
Start dates available from August 2023
In a nutshell
Apprentices working front of house will build on their administration and customer service skills to workplace standard. The course covers safety and security, communications and the arrival and departure of customers, to name a few.
This course is for...
…apprentices who have front of house responsibilities
…those looking to improve their customer communication skills
…those wishing to work effectively in a customer facing role
Apprentices must achieve a total of 37 credits; 11 credits from the mandatory group, three credits from optional group A and the remaining 23 credits from optional group A or B.
- Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Deal with communications as part of the reception function
- Deal with arrival of customers
- Deal with bookings
- Prepare customer accounts and deal with departures
- Provide tourism information services to customers
- Produce documents in a business environment
- Use office equipment
- Handle mail and book external services
- Provide reception services
- Store and retrieve information
- Resolve customer service problems
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Deal with customers across a language divide
- Maintain customer service through effective handover
- Maintain and deal with payments
- Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector
- Communicate in a business environment
Learners will also study Essential Skills Wales (ESW) qualifications which are designed to help them develop and demonstrate the skills needed to make the most of their learning, work and life. These include:
Application of Number Level 1
- Understanding numerical data
- Carrying out calculations
- Interpreting results and presenting findings
Communication Level 1
Speaking and listening
The course will be delivered within the workplace whereby an assessor will visit to complete workplace assessments and progress reviews.
Learners will need to be employed in an appropriate role to study this diploma.
The course will usually take 60 weeks to complete. After successful completion, learners can go on to study Customer Service Level 3.
This programme is part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team