Introduction to Perming Hair
In a nutshell
This short course in perming is ideal for those working in or studying hairdressing to upskill or further develop perming techniques.
The course will consist of a number of taught practical sessions with theoretical input. Practical sessions will take place in purpose built salons at Blaenau Gwent Learning Zone.
This course is for...
...if you're interested in learning skills in hairdressing but do not feel ready to commit to a formal accredited course.
Perming and neutralising hair, developing the skills to show that you can:
- Prepare for perming and neutralising services
- Apply safe working methods
- Consult with clients about services and outcomes of tests
- Confirm with clients the desired effect
- Select suitable products, tools and equipment
- Carry out perming and neutralising services
- Provide clients with advice and recommendations on the services provided
There are no specific entry requirements but you must have an interest in hairdressing.
Practical participation and application are essential for the completion of this course.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team