Active IQ Certificate in Strength and Conditioning Level 4
Sport, Travel and Public Services
Part Time Day
Discount available to Under 19s only. Dependent on course suitability
Other fees may include any of the following: registrations, exam fees or any course materials
Please note, all advertised fees are for one year only, unless otherwise stated in the additional information below
31 January 2023
In a nutshell
This course provides learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, prepare, deliver and review strength and conditioning programmes that will help athletes to achieve their performance goals. During the qualification learners will cover the following:
• The role of a strength and conditioning coach as part of an athlete’s support team.
• Methods of carrying out performance-related needs analysis, measurements and assessments.
• Strategies to analyse and evaluate assessment findings in order to be able to develop and agree short-, medium-and long-term performance goals.
• Planning, delivering and evaluating periodised, performance-related strength and conditioning programmes.
This course is for...
... personal trainers, sports coaches and strength and conditioning coaches.
... all those passionate about supporting clients with performance based goals.
There are two mandatory units:
- Performance analysis of the activity and athlete
- Plan, deliver and evaluate periodised performance-related strength and conditioning programmes
You will expected to achieve a high level of attendance and punctuality as part of this qualification. You will also need to demonstrate full engagement with both the practical and theoretical elements of the course.
• Learners must hold a Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (or equivalent), a Level 3 Coaching qualification (or equivalent) or a Level 3 Strength and conditioning qualification (or equivalent).
• Learners may also hold relevant higher education or further education qualifications that are equivalent or higher than those listed above (e.g. physiotherapy, sports therapy).
Level 4 personal trainer qualification is a great addition to this qualification.
Career oppportunities include:
- Strength and conditioning coach for clubs/organisations and/or individuals
After booking your course you have 14 days to change your mind and request a full refund. You can still request a refund after this date, but this will only be given if you meet the criteria from the college fee policy.
If your chosen course starts within 14 days of you booking your place, then the 14 day refund policy does not apply and any refund will be subject to the college fee policy.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team