EDEXCEL Vocational Study, Personal Growth and Wellbeing Level Entry 3
You can select another campus or date option from the list below:
In a nutshell
This course is ideal if you’re not sure about college or further education. Not only will it introduce you to college and college life, but it allows you to sample different vocational areas in your first year.
This course is for you if...
... You’re not sure what you want to do next
... You want to see if college is right for you
... You’d like to develop personal and social skills to better prepare you for your working or college life
What will I be doing?
You'll practise skills and techniques in college environments to give you a flavour of the workplace and what it is like to study one of the routes full time:
- Digital Skills
- Public Services
You'll also study topics that help your personal and social development, including:
- Preparing for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Exporing Resilience
- Community Project
- Participating in External Learning Experiences
- Participating in an Outdoor Learning Activity
- Being aware of Sexual Health & Wellbeing
- Understanding Physical Health & Wellbeing
- Career Planning
- Planning Career Progression
- Exploring the Umportance of Money
- Practising Leadership Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Presentation Skills
Throughout the course, you’ll be assessed through assignments, tasks and practical assessments to ultimately achieve:
- BTEC Entry Level 3 Extended Certificate in Personal Growth & Wellbeing
- Princes Trust Level 1 Certificate in Personal Development and Employability Skills
- Skills Activities (if you haven't achieved a Grade C or above in Maths and English/Welsh First Language, then you’ll need to attend skills classes alongside your studies)
- Other relevant qualifications to enhance your skill set
What is expected of me?
There are no formal entry requirements, but you’ll need to be motivated, hardworking and willing to have a go at each of the vocational options. You’ll also need to be committed to full attendance and being punctual for all sessions. Students that choose this route may have achieved GCSEs at Grades D-G and some may have achieved higher but be uncertain about the route they want to study.
What comes next?
This qualification gives you the chance to develop useful, transferable skills in completing tasks to help you progress to further learning. If you decide one of the vocational areas is for you, you can continue your studies at Level 1/2.
There may be additional costs during the year for educational visits, and you may need safety equipment for some of the vocational areas. This will be discussed when you choose your vocational options and shouldn’t cost more than £35.00.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team