YMCA Certificate in Gym Instructing Level 2
Sport, Fitness and Leisure
Part Time Day
Discount available to Under 19s only. Dependent on course suitability
Other fees may include any of the following: registrations, exam fees or any course materials
Please note, all advertised fees are for one year only, unless otherwise stated in the additional information below
22 April 2023
Saturday and Sunday
In a nutshell
The aim of this intensive qualification is to enable learners to develop the knowledge and skills so they can engage, facilitate, educate and support clients in a gym or health club environment. Completing this qualification allows learners to access Gym Instructor jobs.
This course is for...
... people looking to begin their pathway into the fitness industry
... those who want to work as an instructor in the context of gym-based exercise, exercise to music or group instruction.
... anyone with a keen interest in health and fitness.
This course comprises 5 units and units 1-3 are mandatory. (It is endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).)
- Anatomy and physiology
- Providing a positive customer experience in the exercise environment
- Lifestyle Management and Health Awareness
- Gym Based program, planning and preparation
- Gym based program delivery and professional instruction.
The practical units include:
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare gym-based exercise programmes
Assessment: This is an intensive theory and practical course that will be assessed by a multiple-choice exam, an on-line open book Y-mark assessment, a workbook and practical assessment.
There are no formal entry requirements although learners will need a keen interest in fitness instruction based activities; practical participation is essential. Candidates must be aged 16 or over.
This is an intensive course and is delivered over six days plus one assessment day.
After booking your course you have 14 days to change your mind and request a full refund. You can still request a refund after this date, but this will only be given if you meet the criteria from the college fee policy.
If your chosen course starts within 14 days of you booking your place, then the 14 day refund policy does not apply and any refund will be subject to the college fee policy.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team