BTEC Diploma in Engineering Level 2
Blaenau Gwent Learning Zone
04 September 2023
Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D, including maths at grade C or above
an appropriate Level 1 Diploma qualification in a relevant subject to include to include Maths/Numeracy at grade C.
In a nutshell
This one-year course will give you the essential practical experience and theory to progress to more advanced courses or to seek apprenticeships.
This course is for you if...
... You want a career in engineering
... You’d like to improve the academic subject areas alongside this course
... You’re hard working and good at problem-solving
What will I be doing?
With the £120 million investment in the Ebbw Vale Automotive Technology Park and the Circuit of Wales, there has never been a better time to study a course in engineering at Blaenau Gwent Learning Zone.
On this course you’ll study;
- The Engineered World
- Investigating an Engineered Product
- Health and Safety in Engineering
- Engineering Maintenance
- Engineering Materials
- Interpreting and Using Engineering Information
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Introduction to Communications for Engineering
- Operation and Maintenance of Mechanical Systems and Components
- Vehicle Engines and Other Systems
- Vehicle Maintenance Techniques
- Engineering Assembly
- Electrical and Mechanical Science for Engineering
You’ll be assessed via coursework, portfolios, exams and practical assessments. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
- BTEC Level 2 Engineering
- Skills Activities
- Maths and English (if you didn't achieve a Grade C or above at GCSE level, then you'll have to attend additional classes)
- Other relevant qualifications to enhance your skill set
What is expected of me?
To enrol, you’ll need a minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade D, including Maths at Grade C or above, or an appropriate Level 1 Diploma qualification in a relevant subject, to include to include Maths/Maths Numeracy at Grade C.
Full commitment to attendance is required and you’ll need to be able to work independently and as part of a team. You should have a strong desire to work in the engineering industry, abide by the college ethos and be willing to participate in improving your level in academic subjects.
What comes next?
Level 3 BTEC in Aeronautical Engineering, Level 3 BTEC in Motorsport Engineering or other L3 Engineering routes within the college.
You’ll need to purchase appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and stationery. This approximate cost is £40.00.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team